Friday, March 22, 2013

Mirror, Mirror

Recently, I've noticed that my self-esteem is finally starting to climb.  I don't doubt myself as much, I'm finally fitting into my own skin, and I'm learning to love myself, inside and out.
I'm teaching myself to love my imperfections.  I'm accepting the fact that my face isn't always clear, my hair will never do exactly what I want it to, and I was born with the face that I have so I might as well deal with it.
I've always, always had insecurities about my body, ever since I was little.  Hitting high school, I finally started growing into a feminine shape, and when I stopped looking like the bony toothpicks I'd grown up with that were labeled "perfect", I started hating my appearance.  I've struggled with weight issues for several years, and now with the help of my friends, I'm finally getting over them.
For the first time, I'm realizing that there is a happy medium between "size 0" and "fat" that I've never seen before.  I'm finally starting to see what people having been telling me all along.
I hate the way this sounds all mushy and cliché so I'm not going to continue with that shit.  All I'm going to say is thank you, everyone who has stuck by through all my drama and bitching these last few years, and that I can't wait to rock my beach bod this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment